ECO FEVER_002 by VonMurr on Flickr.
Main corridor - view towards the main exhibition hall - Fluorescent Yellow curtain on one side - Fluorescent Passage - Brutal application of Barragan’s ambient color trough colored surface reflection.
I have really busy but pretty satisfying time right now. Here a bit of documentation from my exhibition Eco Fever. Museo Experimental El Eco was created by Mathias Goeritz in 1957 and reopened exactly 50 years later under the protection of UNAM. Main objective of El Eco was to create experimental art space based on the Goeritz concept of Emotive Architecture.
As for highlights of my approach to the exhibition I can mention quickly:
1. Color Clasism - (“noble” and “vulgar” colors)
2. Transgression between high and pop culture (night club - museum)
3. Softening the severity of Goeritz (and Barragan) approach to minimalism / mysticism
4. Sacrilege - as much cultural/aesthetical as “religious” - in this case monolith becoming soft, pink - the divine in its erotic, sissy aspect)
5. Efficiency / Potential Test (related to my previous The Best of The Rest project)
Those interested in more detailed commentary can read my statement and short questionnaire I am providing at The Set Page. (At the moment unfortunately in Spanish only)
Museo Experimental El Eco, Mexico DF, February 28th 2008
Sony Cybershot 10.1 MgPx